Attorneys Who Protect Employees
Have you been demoted, denied a raise, or terminated from your employment in California because of a medical condition? You may have been passed over for promotions or delegated to undesirable office space because of your diagnosed cancer or your employer’s awareness of your compromised immune system. You may believe your employer’s actions have been wrong but feel unsure of your rights and available legal remedies.
At Velez Law Firm, we bring passion and compassion to our clients’ cases. We care about protecting employees’ rights. We empathize with the indignities that many of our clients have experienced. We are here to advise you and pursue justice for you if your employer has discriminated against you unfairly because of your medical condition.
What Does Medical Condition Discrimination Look Like?
According to the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) in California, illegal discrimination on the basis of a medical condition may include adverse actions by your employer such as:
- Termination based on your medical condition
- Failing to promote you or paying you less than other similar employees without your medical condition
- Allowing fellow employees to harass you because of your condition
Your medical condition may overlap with a disability. For example, your employer may be required to offer you reasonable accommodations if, after an injury, you struggle with lingering disabling effects. Depending on circumstances, you and your job may be legally protected by the Americans with Disability Act (ADA).
- Age / Gender Discrimination $5.2m Verdicts And Settlements
- Medical Professional Disability Discrimination $1.8m Employment Discrimination
- Retaliation For Use Of FMLA / CFRA Leave $1.5m Verdicts And Settlements
- Age Discrimination $1.1m Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment Verdict / Judgment $1.1m Employment Harassment
- African American Race Harassment $250k Verdicts And Settlements
With nearly 60 combined years of litigation experience, we have experience that cannot be duplicated. Our track record and client stories speak for themselves in showing the work we’ve done for our clients.
When it comes to protecting workers, we don’t pull punches. We’re used to taking the fight to larger opponents and are committed to empowering our clients to make choices, not concessions.
While our attorneys are top-tier, we remain focused on our clients. We work directly with our clients and focus our approach on their stories and experiences. Our attention to detail and care continues to set us apart.
Reach us by phone at (916) 507-2223 or send an email inquiry to get the conversation started.